WEST MERSEA CRICKET CLUB NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2020
Happy Christmas to all our members, friends and supporters. 2020 it is fair to say has hardly been the best of years. However, as this year ends and we look forward with hope to 2021 the Committee wanted to share some information and dates for your diary as we try look forward and catch up on what we missed!
Firstly in the last few days we have received £7892 from Jack Petchey Foundation (JPF) added to £3000 already received from them to run some Junior Projects!!
Everything listed is obviously highly dependent on COVID and any restrictions
1. First in the diary is the return of Indoor Junior Training at Paxmans Academy. This will run Tuesday 19th January to Tuesday 23rd March, inclusive. Two time slots
5.30pm to 6.20pm
6.30 pm to 7.20 pm
Maximum 15 children and no parents allowed in the building
£30 covers the 10 weeks ( this is subsidised by JPF as Charlotte Granger has donated her £250 Award to this) To book a place please use
2. The Club AGM which is vital will run via ZOOM ( details to follow) on Monday 8th February at 7.30 pm
3. Outdoor training will start from Tuesday 13th April to Tuesday 20th July, inclusive . Junior Membership will be FREE this year because of the JPF!
4. We hope to launch a new Club shirt and with no FEES to pay hope that everyone will look to purchase one of the new ones, Jumpers will also be available & Trousers as well
5. By Summer we also hope to have two new Coaches as both Ben Rumble & James Rutter are enrolled for January/February to complete this
6. Adults if possible we will look to run some Indoor Sessions before the new Season
7. Adult Summer Tour is all in place. Still spaces if you would like to join us for a great few days in Exmoor. Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th July. Cost is £165 plus a Tour T Shirt which is mandatory and must be worn throughout the Tour. Price includes a shared Room ( so let me know your roomie!) at the Duke of Wellington, Minehead & Coach Travel from Mersea & back. 24 spaces ( 9 reserved)
8. Not to be Outdone the Juniors are embarking on their first ever Tour to Norfolk on Wednesday 11th ( straight after Summer Camp) till Friday 13th August. JPF have subsidised the cost which will be £40 per child and includes Bed & Breakfast, Tour T Shirt designed by Freya Reilly ( same rules as Adults Tour, shirt must be worn throughout the Tour) Travel costs should also be included. 20 children with 6 Volunteer Adults needed. Year 6 and above unless parent able to attend £40 per child
9. Summer Camp is Monday 9th to Wednesday 11th August – Cost expected to be £40 per child but tbc
10. Thanks to amazing generosity of JPF we are also able to offer a weekend on a traditional Thames Barge Trip ( as we did in 2016) on Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th September. This will be a reward for Children who supported the club, behaved the best and want to go! This trip should be circa £160 per child but will be available for just £25 per child. 20 children & 4 Volunteer Adults. Year 6 and above
11. All children not on either Trip will also be entitled FREE to one of the Tour T Shirts
12. We have also not forgotten the JPF events that did not take part in 2020!
So we still have Go Karting chosen by Jesse Elson
Click & Climb chosen by John Clarke
Masterclass from James Clifford ( Essex Cricket Level 3 Coach)
13. T30 (30 overs per side) Sunday Cricket – this is an exciting new event designed to introduce younger players, older players & a few players prepared to help develop the next generation. We hope to have 10 fixtures spread over the Summer. More details to follow but subject to confirmation at the AGM, Ben Rumble will skipper the side along with James Rutter as Vice Captain, but bringing experience to help.
Finally on behalf of the whole Committee we wish you all a Happy Christmas. It’s not going to be like any previous one but please stay safe & let’s hope that we can complete some of the items listed in 2021.
If you wish to attend any of the Tours or Barge Trip we anticipate high numbers so please let me know so that I can put you on the list before we start collecting monies